Friday, April 21, 2017

Southwest Chicken Noodles PLUS April FOTW

I love quick and easy meals and if I can prepare it all in one pan, or close then that makes it even better!
Try this spin on the classic chicken and noodles.
4 boneless skinless chicken tenders
spices (1 tsp each)
egg noodles, about half a bag
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheese

saute chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder sprinkled on. Dice up and set aside. Boil water and cook your egg noodles according to the package. Drain. Add 1 cup of salsa, the diced chicken, stir well and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Another simple but delicious meal.
Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 8 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
Baking In A Tornado                  http://www.BakingInATornado.com
Menopausal Mother                     http://www.menopausalmom.com/
Searching for Sanity                 http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com
A Little Piece of Peace                 http://little-piece-of-peace.blogspot.com
Never Ever Give Up Hope                   http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
Bookworm in the Kitchen                 http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/  
My son and I are at a local mom and pop pizza joint. We order an appetizer of meatballs. I see it says "3". I'm thinking maybe we need to order 2 but we stick with one. Plus I have a salad and we have pizza on it's way. So the waitress brings them out and HOLY MACKEREL these things are HUGE! THREE will feed a small family! They are literally the size of softballs. I looked at them and,( well, it just fell out of my head through the nasal cavity and out my mouth) DAMN those things are HUGE what'd you do cut them off a DINOSAUR?? The waitress was not amused but the guy at the table next to us covered his friend in tea! LOL Yep shot right out his nose he laughed so hard.
Guy walks up to the rental counter and says " hi how are you?"
Agent replies " frustrated "
He says " good good have a nice day" and walks off. 
I can only assume since it was an elderly man that he didn't understand what she said or he wasn't listening.
 Picked up a passenger in this morning. She told me she had applied for section 8 housing. And when she went to look at it she refused. the black area  yes to black and I'm black. She started laughing.  I started laughing. she said sometimes the ghetto is to ghetto . Oh the things that people say. 

My son works retail and a customer comes in, she walks up to the register and says "if you were to see me in a club wearing this lip stick color would you want to F me? He said the other cashier, who is a gay guy looks at her and says "it wouldn't matter what color lip stick you were wearing, I'm gay and so no I would not want to F you" my son is the closing manager, walks over and says "Hey Will let me talk to you when you're done with this customer" 
OMGosh, are people REALLY that forward?? sheez!


3 comments:

  1. You are the QUEEN of quick and easy recipes.
    And that last one, I cannot believe either of those people said that! If that's how people talk I'm going to need to start staying in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just looked at him. I was like REALLY?!?! What is wrong with people??

      Delete
  2. I hate the portion sizes at restaurants. I'm a very small eater, so I can be absolutely stuffed after the appetisers are done, and everyone else is still sitting there wanting more food. On the plus side I'm a really cheap shout :)

    ReplyDelete