Friday, April 28, 2017

Spicy Fried Pork Chops with Dipping Sauce AND FF

Honestly time slips away so fast I can barely remember what day it is. I "think" I made this recipe about a month ago...and totally forgot to write it up. Big surprise, especially considering I put in 108 hours last week. YES you read that correctly. How you ask? I'm not sure. Why you ask. Because a girl has to do what a girl has to do. But all work and no play makes Dawn a grumpy butt so this weekend will be play time! WOOT

Now these were so good I skipped using the sauce but my son of course dipped and enjoyed every bite.

Spicy Fried Pork Chops with dipping sauce
1-2 lbs center cut pork chops
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp paprika

2 eggs beaten
1/3 cup water

Dipping sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp pepper
Mix the first list in a bowl, dip the chops in, next dip in the water/egg mix and again in the flour mix. Place in a skillet with oil. Fry until done, about 4 minutes each side.
Mix the dipping sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan, heat. Dip chops in or not, it's up to you.
Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.

Funny Friday  150 X 150.jpg

Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Baking In A Tornado             http://www.BakingInATornado.com
39 - Baking In A Tornado - April 2017.jpg
1. Hi Karate!

2. Does this suit make my butt look big?

3. So did Pikachu and a Sumo wrestler have a baby?

4. Look at my balance! I can skateboard AND do karate!

5. My mom got tired of me getting hurt and made me wear this suit as protection. Do I look as silly as I feel?

Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Southern Belle Charm            http://www.southernbellecharm.com
Bookworm in the Kitchen      http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/
Baking In A Tornado             http://www.BakingInATornado.com
    The Bergham Chronicles            http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. BA HA HA, second one is my favorite.
    And I'm definitely trying this pork chop recipe, I think College Boy will even like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! It takes a brave soul to have a pix taken in that suit. #2 is the funniest. I adore fried pork chops. These sound awesome.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete