Friday, June 23, 2017

Oven S'mores and FOTW

One night after work I popped into the grocery to pick up a few things. I saw these BIG OL' marshmallows that said "S'more" on them. I thought oh man, s'mores those would be good. So I went over to the cookie aisle to grab some grahams and thought, why not use a cookie cookie and not a graham. SO I found the Deluxe Grahams. Oh yeah babe! Now we're cooking with gas!
The marshmallows were so big I had to lay down two cookies, top it with a mallow and then two cookies on top. I placed the cookie sheet in the oven, 350 degrees for just a couple of minutes.
Big, gooey, hot, delicious s'mores and no the cookie did not melt or get yucky. They were perfect. Actually maybe too sweet. GASP yes "I" said too sweet. I ate one, my son at two. I put the rest in a air tight container and we enjoyed them for a few days.
Super easy and delicious. You could use any cookie and regular marshmallows if you wanted. The possibilities are only as few as your mind allows.
Mother's Day and we are sitting at my mom's table. My daughter-in-law is picking on my granddaughter about her boyfriend. LMSP says "what is wrong with you girl?! I DON'T have no boyfriend!" I was cracking up. I told her, I said boys have cooties and you're not allowed to have a boyfriend until you're 35 anyway. She looks at me and says, "that's okay I don't want one". Good
-------------------------------
My youngest son was visiting from Texas! First time in 3 years. We are at my aunt's house visiting and a movie comes on, we are not really paying attention until...on the screen of her 72 inch TV a naked woman pops up. We all go, at the same time "OH!" I said "Aunt W what channel is this??" She is frantically trying to change the channel but you know the stupid remote was hiding. LOL
Then my daughter-in-law sitting beside me says "oh wow, that was something I never thought I'd do, watch a movie with a naked woman with my mother-in-law" We all fall out laughing.
I guess you had to be there...
---------------------------------
My youngest son is into "dad jokes" now. Corny, not funny, silly jokes that are appropriate for kids. So he says, "I'm perfecting my dad jokes and I'm getting quiet good at them...So a burger walks into a bar and orders a drink. Bartender says, sorry we don't serve food here." bah bah bum
What has 6 eyes, 4 noses, 2 mouths and is hairy all over? Ugly
What fish is best served with peanut butter? Jelly fish
What do you call two spiders that just got married? Honey webbers
Then after they left I found this one and sent it to him in a text: How do you organize a space party?
You planet!
------------------------------
34 year old guy I took to Havelock...offers, well. I'm driving down the road and he says:
Do you get hit on much? I bet you do.
My reply was yes but I ignore it.
Conversation continues and he makes a comment about us pulling over and "parking"
I said, you need to behave or I may be forced to knock you in the head and I laughed thinking he'd cool it.
Nope, he replies " we can pull over, and you can knock me in the head as long as you do me"
I said "DO YOU?" WTH man are you crazy! One you are the age of my kids, two I don't "do" anyone, three you could be some psycho no way I'd pull over, four if you make one more comment you are walking home"
He laughed
When I arrived at his home, he says "well looks like no one is home, wanna come in?"
I dropped his bags in his driveway, said bye and drove off.
The nerve of some people! Sheez
-----------------------------
Watching TV and I hear this MAD woman says "I'd like to dip his ass in honey and set him on a fire ant mound". WOO GURL she mad!!
-----------------------------
Snapperz we have the best pot in town. 
A t-shirt. Advertising a seafood restaurant near by. They sell crab boil pots. 
----------------------------
Guy gets out of the car and hesitated. He says " on the down low, you know where I can score some pot?"
Um...no. 
"Oh okay" and he gets out. 
What?!
---------------------------------
The  first flight of the day was delayed 2 1/2 hours. Reason being a passenger jumped off the plane! Yes the plane was taxiing down the runway and A gentleman jumped out of his seat snatched opened the emergency door and jumped out. Due to concern over a bomb or weapons on the plane it was turned around. The plane was searched along with everyone and  The luggage. Once it was cleared they took off again. Only 10 minutes into the flight to have mechanical problems. I turn the plane around and went back to the airport. Where everyone was taken off of the plane and the luggage and put onto a new plane to leave again. Honestly just cannot make this stuff up. Surprisingly I did not make national news. It didn't even make local news. But it happened. If you only knew  The things that I see in here in a days time. Working in an airport is very entertaining and enlightening. It really makes one not want to fly at all! 
It took a few days, but it made the news!
---------------------------
Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 7 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
Baking In A Tornado                  http://www.BakingInATornado.com
Menopausal Mother                     http://www.menopausalmom.com/
Searching for Sanity                    http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com
A Little Piece of Peace                    http://little-piece-of-peace.blogspot.com
Never Ever Give Up Hope               http://batteredhope.blogspot.com
Bookworm in the Kitchen                http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/           

4 comments:

  1. Propositioned by a guy your kids' age, you are HOT! That LMSP, she really keeps you on your toes!
    Totally trying this recipe. Probably about 6 different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had s'mores before, they do look delicious the way you made them though. You totally should have told that guy asking for pot about Snapperz. They clearly had what he was looking for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The marshmallows and chocolate cookies look delicious! And OMG about the passenger who jumped off the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love s'mores and all that goes with them -- family fun outdoors! Also enjoyed your 'awkward' moments!

    ReplyDelete